My biggest fear.

Today I lost Harry.

I went to school to pick up the boys as usual. I sat on the seats near Charlie's room, because he is always the first one out. Harry stuck his head around the side of the building and I motioned for him to come to me, but he didn't. He disappeared back the way he had come. I thought he was going back to his room because he had forgotten something, so I waited...... and he never came back. I went around to his room and he wasn't there, so I went back to the seats, and he wasn't there either. After I wandered back and forth and the school slowly emptied, I realised he had disappeared. I rang Mick and then I grabbed all the teachers I could find and we searched all over the school grounds. I had Marjorie's car, but I was afraid if I left he would turn up and then I wouldn't be there.

I thought I was going crazy. I was almost in tears, and dragging poor Charlie and Matilda all over the school.

Finally, Marjorie rang me from home to say he was there...... he had walked home by himself, and some older boys from his school had helped him to cross the road. God, I wanted to throttle him, and he didn't even realise he had done anything wrong. Nothing had happened differently to any other day, but he just decided I left without him and so he decided to get himself home. Thank goodness someone helped him across the road because he tends not to pay enough attention to the task himself.

I wish I had had some Scotch when I got home, because I was so upset, but trying not to show it, because I didn't want to freak the kids out too much..... not a good feeling at all...

On a positive note, I now weigh 75.3kgs. I have lost 13.2 kilos in 13 weeks. I am quite proud of myself for that....

Comments

Kez said…
Oh no - how scary! You're a better woman than me if you held it together!!

So glad it had a happy ending.
shellysthoughts said…
Thanks Kez. The scary part is he does even realise that what he did was wrong. He didn't have a normal response to being left at school on his own. Not upset, just like "oh well"..

Popular Posts