A is for Allergies

I have a terrible allergic reaction to animal fur.  Cats, dogs, rabbits, and especially horses.  It has gotten pretty bad lately, and maybe because I don't spend much time around animals now.

Yesterday, I had to change the bunny's water, and while I was getting the bottle out, he rubbed against my arm.  Within two minutes I was having a pretty nasty asthma attack, brought on by the hair, and exacerbated by the horrible head cold I currently have.  Coughing and gasping, I struggled to find my Asmol puffer.  Eventually I stopped gasping for breath, but not before I had vomited twice, from the coughing.

Oh, it is shocking.  I love animals.  I love dogs and horses, cats not so much, but still, every time I go near one I have to make sure I don't touch them, and then if I do, I have to wash my hands immediately.  Going to Mum's is hard too, because I have to take an antihistamine before I leave, and even then, it doesn't work perfectly.  

So, we have decided to get a puppy for Christmas, because I still don't think Matilda is quite old enough, and my choices are severely limited because of these allergies.  So, we have decided on a poodle, obviously.  I can't wait really, because I am looking forward to walking the puppy to school to pick up the kids.  I am not looking forward to picking up the poops though.

So I am the modern equivalent of Paul Pfeiffer from the Wonder Years...... 

Comments

Popular Posts