Rant...

I will be back to do a proper post about my birthday and our week, but first I have to have a rant.

This whole Matthew Johns thing is driving me insane.  I don't know all the facts and frankly I don't care, but I cannot believe some of the shit that comes out of people's mouths.

I don't know if the girl was a willing participant, it has been said that she was willing for two of the players, and then more came in.  We don't know that, in her position she felt extremely pressured by all those BIG men, and simply went along with what happened.  She may have been sober, and she may have been absolutely drunk, but regardless of her situation, these men represent our country, and are role models for our children.  

Why do they not understand that they just can't go around doing these kinds of things, and it is not just that it was group sex, the out-of-control drinking, and fighting that they do is pathetic too.  Just because they are "football players", does not mean they can just do what they like and expect everyone to say "oh well, they are under a lot of pressure".

I understand that people make mistakes, and that everyone is human.  The part that shits me the most is that these players not only degraded this woman, but they make a mockery of their relationships with all woman.  That they can use a woman, whether she as willing or not, shows how little respect they have for women in general.  I guess this shouldn't be such a shock really, but it really pisses me off, that Matty Johns is sooo sorry to this woman....so what, you degraded her, and your partner, and you have got what you deserved.  Just because you are offered something, doesn't mean you have to take it, especially when you have a certain honour code to uphold.

Anyway, I just needed to get it off my chest, because all these people, including friends, on Facebook are joining these stupid groups in support of him, and it really shits me.

Rant over...

Comments

Popular Posts