C is for Confidence

For a very long time, I suffered from low self-esteem.  My confidence and body images were low, and I had trouble looking people in the eye.  Phone calls were a nightmare, and I could not look at a cute guy...ever.

Now, finally, at 34 years of age, I am the most confident I have ever been.  I no longer care about what people think of me.  I no longer care that I don't have the body of a supermodel.  I am on my way to a happy, healthy body, and that is all I care about.  My children, and Mick are the most important things in my life.  Living a happy, healthy, full-filling life is more important.  
If I need something done, I get it down.  If I need someone to come to fix something, I organise it. If I don't believe in what someone is saying, I will generally tell them that I disagree, especially if it is something I feel passionately about.  I will argue with people about getting the right price, or deal for my money, not allow them to rip me off with my permission.

I am not rude, mind you, but I do stand up for myself.  I wear what I want, when I want and I am not afraid to try new things.  This has been a really big step for me, and I am proud that I have become a stronger person.

Comments

Popular Posts