I is for Imagination

This week is Education Week. The school had an Open Day today to allow parents into the classrooms to see how the children were going with their classwork. For the last few weeks we have been in a frenzy of creativity and Imagination. Each child had a project to do.

Charlie's class are doing Transport, so he had a few choices of different vehicles he could make. He chose a vehicle to take you into space......a rocket!!

Harry's class were doing science and technology, so he could make a simple game with magnets, make a pulley system to move ten marbles, a compass, or a pinhole camera. He chose a pinhole camera. Very sophisticated, made with a Pringles can......yummy!!




We went into the Charlie's class in the morning, and then I had morning tea with him. In the afternoon I went to Harry's class, and then I had lunch with him.

The different array of projects submitted by the students of the school was outstanding. I was a little concerned to see the caliber and genius of the older students. I am not looking forward to helping them do those ones. I am sure by that stage they will be very well able to make the things themselves, without any help from their parents.

This is my friend Julie's daughters project.

I hope their imaginations stay as strong and as fascinated by that stage....

Comments

Popular Posts