Wedding preparations

Mick's father is getting married tomorrow, and we are hastily getting things organised for the day. Harry and Charlie are page boys, Matilda is a flower girl, and Mick is the best man. Luckily I get to sit back and relax....not! Matilda hates her dress, and I have been bribing her all week in hopes that tomorrow she will put it on and walk happily down the aisle. The boys are OK with the whole thing, but I am going to have an in depth talk with Harry this afternoon, which will probably also include bribes to get him to stay quiet during the ceremony. Mick.....is his own problem, I can't deal with him as well.

I don't really understand the whole, full-on marriage ceremony these days. I mean Chris and Marie have both been married before, and they are having bridesmaids, groomsmen, page boys and flower girls. I hope Marie isn't wearing an elaborate wedding gown, or I will not be able to keep a straight face.

Maybe I am just cynical because I haven't gotten married. I do want to marry Mick, but I don't want to do a wedding. I feel after being together for 12 years, and having three children, that a wedding is just a waste of money and time, plus I really hate being the centre of attention. I just want to elope to the Registry Office and then have a little party, but even that is too difficult.

One day it will get done, but in the meantime, I have to iron clothes and find something worth bribing my ever intelligent son with .........bye!

Comments

Popular Posts