New Financial Year Budget

Every year at this time I begin our (my) budget again. I go really well for the last half of the year, and then Christmas, holidays and an insane summer electricity bill (which is always due early January) wipes me out, and I spend the rest of the financial year trying to catch up.

I am sure this year will be no different, but I am really going to try to cut back on unnecessary wastage of mney, mainly by me.

So I am trying to cut our graceries down from $200-220 a week to $150, and I am going to cook more foods from scratch, and use my wonderful slow cooker. I also want to get our garden up and running again, it is just too cold to go outside and dig out all the weeds, but that is my plan for this week.

So this weeks goals are:

* Dig out vege garden and get it ready for planting.
* Knit a new dishcloth.

I need to start menu planning too, because I think that will help me save money. I have ordered the Destitue Gourmet cookbooks, and am patiently (read NOT) waiting for them to arrive.

That's it for now.

Comments

Popular Posts