Weekend Wonders

Well we have had a busy weekend even though we haven't actually been anywhere.

On Saturday Charlie and I dug out the vegetable garden ready for this years crop. This was quite hard work because:


1) It has been sadly neglected since early this year and was therefore entirely filled with weeds,


2) I don't like physical labour, and so after about 3 minutes was complaining about a sore back.


But I stuck it out, and Charlie helped me deposit all of the weeds into the compost bin. So, now we are ready to get some blood and bone and other yummy smelly goodness, and get it ready for the warmer weather.


While Charlie and I were tackling this, Mick and Harry were attempting to put up our tent, because next weekend we are going camping. He did very well actually, and I have threatened many times, that if any bad language is used during the construction of said tent, I will sit on the ground and watch. We have a double blow up mattress, a single blowup mattress, and an IKEA mattress that fit side-by-side for all of us to sleep on. We also discovered that the sites at the camping ground are powered, so we are taking our king size electric blanket.........cheating, yes, but it the middle of winter, and I don't care. Backups are hot waters bottles for all......


Today I have been baking again. I still can't get my loaves of bread soft enough, but I think I am not kneading enough still, but it hurts and, as I said, me and physical labour are not friendly partners. I also made a Banana Cake, and I am waiting for the kids, Mick and Aunty Ann to get home form the park so we can all have a piece. I am suppose to go around there, but it is just too cold, and I am making the most of my only kid-free time for the week.


That's about it. Mum had surgery on her face, last week, to remove a skin cancer, and she needed a skin graft, so she looks like a mummy at the moment. I did take a photo, but I don't think she would want me to post it, so here is one of Harry riding his bike all by himself. He is getting really good at starting on his own now, but he is still having trouble stopping.....

Comments

Popular Posts