An interesting week

Well I have had an interesting week.
On Friday night I travelled to Lithgow, my home town, without the kids to see a musical show written by a friend of my mum's. Firstly, I very rarely go anywhere without the kids, and I travelled by train up the mountains, and I almost read a whole trashy romance novel. It was good just to relax and listen to some music.
The show was written by Cheryl Van De Velden, a lively character who has had poetry published over the years. It was called City Boy, and was about a boy from the city who decided he wanted to go to the country and learn about farming. It was focused mainly on the drought, and the results for the people who have suffered. While the concept who really good and the lyrics and music exceptional, the story lacked a definate plot. I think more dialogue and a few less of the songs which seemed to be fillers and it would have been really great. I did thoroughly enjoy it. The songs were written in around 18 months and there were over 36 of them. The music was composed by a local musician Brian Wilkenson, who actually can't write music, so each song was composed in his mind and no score was written. It was a great night.

Sunday we went back to Lithgow to help my mum and Step-dad pull down their barn, and it was also my niece's 5th birthday. Here is a few pictures of the day.
This is the birthday girl Paige.

Charlie throughly enjoyed the cake...



A couple of photos of Mum and Ray's property..

I also wanted to show how Matilda spends most of her days. I really don't think she is ever clean.



Here she is eating yogo, oh well, she doesn't get it often at least she enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular Posts