Our weekend of fun

Well, after our disappointing last weekend, this one was over the top action.

Saturday morning started bright and early with Little A's. Charlie is doing quite well in Tiny Tots. He is a good long jumper and will be great at shot-put and discus. Harry just misbehaves the whole time we are there, but does surprising well in the events. This week he got a trophy for under 6's, last year. It is the Dave Aps Memorial Trophy for High Achievement. This year he has beaten his PB's in almost every event.

When we arrived home I quickly packed their beach stuff and Mick and Grandma took them off to Greaties at Harbord for a visit. This meant that I had the whole afternoon and early evening to myself. I did the grocery shopping and then went to Lindcraft for some more cotton for my dishcloths, and then the Scrapbook Superstore at Penrith for some extra supplies for my Calendar page for the swap with my Pink Pirates Scrapbooking group. I watched a bit of TV and then had a visit from Ann, Mick's sister. We talked for a couple of hours and then I had some yummy Thai for dinner. The kids got home at 8;30pm and went straight to bed.

NOW, did I have an enjoyable day to myself. Yes, and No... I enjoyed being able to browse at the shops and not worry about who was getting into mischief, but by about 5pm I wished that they would come home. I really don't enjoy them not being here. And I worry. I can't help myself. I am a Mum and it is my job, and my right to worry about my children. Turns out I had good reason to worry as Harry got himself lost on the beach, one of my biggest fears. He had taken Charlie into the surf and left Matilda and Harry with his Uncle on the beach and Harry had wandered off the the storm water pipes at Harbord without Phillip seeing. Mick had the Surf lifesavers searching the beach. Luckily he was found safe and sound but I had a restless night thinking about what might have happened. This is why I always go with the kids. I just don't trust anyone else to care about them as much as I do.

Anyway, on Sunday I had barely woken up and Mick was running out the door to some AHS (herpetology) thing. I had no idea where he was going and for how long, and his Dad and his fiance were coming to visit. As it was we had quite a good day with Aunty Ann as well. We all went down to Euroka and played some games, and then went to the Jellybean pool and the kids went swimming. Charlie and Harry have been having swimming lessons for almost two years now, but Charlie had a bit of a panic when he discovered he couldn't touch the bottom and Ann ended up diving in, fully clothed, to save him. She was only about 2 metres away from him so I knew he would be OK, but it still took a good ten minutes for my heart rate to return to normal. Charlie was fine and stayed in the water so I was glad he didn't get traumatised by the experience. Mick finally arrived home at 7:30pm, and needless to say I was not happy about the situation. I had no idea where he had been and he didn't take the mobile because he said there was no reception, so I was furious about that, especially if something had happened and I couldn't get in contact with him. I am still angry...

Anyway, an exciting weekend all around.

Comments

Popular Posts