Uneventful weekend

Over the last two days I have achieved very little. It rained on Saturday so Little Athletics was cancelled for the second week in a row. My mum came down to visit and we went shopping for some craft supplies at Spotlight. I came home with 4 balls of cotton for dishcloths, some fabric flowers for my calendar swap, and a beautiful ceramic bowl for making pancakes. I love pancakes.

On Sunday the weather cleared up so I did two big loads of washing. I then pulled out some of my vegie garden, which had seeded, and planted some more lettuce and beetroot. In the afternoon I made a beautiful loaf of bread, which I have finally perfected. It is light and fluffy, but I still haven't figured out how to cut it thinnner....... and the boys won't eat it. I made yummy toasted cheese sandwiches for them, and Charlie refused to eat it. I understand Harry not wanted to because his front top tooth is lose and it is hurting to bite, but I was so upset....

I need to do a major overhaul of the kidlets diet. Slowly over the past few months they have been cutting out things that they used to eat quite regularly, and seem to be existing on taosted sandwiches and chips. They refuse to eat vegetables in any shape or form, and I am running out of ideas on what to feed them for dinner. If I give them what we have, they just won't eat it, and I feel bad about wasting the food. But they are not eating what I give them anyway, so I guess it shouldn't matter. I just don't know what to do.

My MIL gave me a pattern for a cute dress, which I am going to attempt to make (as soon as I can budget in some fabric). I think I am going to adapt it to a top instead though, because I am not much of a dress wearer. It is really cute and I have found some gorgeous retro fabric to use. Mum is going to help me because I am still learning to sew. That's it for now. Hopefully I will have some more exciting things to share with you later this week.

Comments

Kez said…
How do you make the bread light & fluffy?! I just can't get it like that :( Would you mind sharing your recipe?

My kidlet won't eat homemade bread either most days :(

Popular Posts