Lost focus..

I am going to try to blog more often because I really need to write things down to understand them sometimes.

This last fortnight has been hectic and slow, at the same time. I have been trying to ge all the christmas shopping finished online, because I have a terrible phobia of large crowds of people. I don't cope well in crowds, so I have been trying to avoid Penrith Plaza, if at all possible. I only have three presents left to get, and I can safely say I don't have to go there to get them. I have paper, cards, labels and sticky tape so I am set.

I am also involved in a calendar swap with my lovely new friends, "The Pink Pirates". BUT, it just isn't working for me, and I can't afford to start again. I have fixed it slightly, but I am not happy with it yet. I have to have that finished by Friday.

Last Tuesday night I went to Katoomba to The Carrington Hotel for a special screening of a documentary called "The Business of being Born". Although it was an American Doco, it was quite relevent to Australian Midwifery Practice. It involved a thorough look into Caesarian birth rates and the over-use of OBs for birth in America. It looked at the practice of Midwifery and its underuse for natural births over the last 100 years. This doco was brillant. I was enthralled from the start to the end. It featured some beautiful Homebirths and a well managed transfer from homebirth to hospital. On the positive side, it has reignited my desire to practice midwifery, but on the negative, it has reignited my obsession for another child and a burning desire to birth at home. As a result Mick has been coping some unwarranted abuse this week.

We have concerts galore this week. Harry has his "It's an Aussie Christmas" play on Wednesday, and Charlie has his preschool concert on Thursday. I have also been organising christmas cards for both classes and trying to think of a good gift for the teachers. Harrys teacher has been really great this year helping to extend his learning to a level that has challenged him, but she is a difficult person to get a vibe from, so I have no idea what would be a good gift for her. Oh well, I have another two weeks to think of something.

That's all for now. I will report again on Wednesday. Bye all.

Comments

Popular Posts