Harry turns 8

Firstly, I want to apologise to Mum and Kyle for not updating more regularly. My only excuse is I am lazy, and I haven't really got very much exciting news to share. I will try to do it more often this month.

So, yesterday, 2nd February, Harry turned 8 years old. Where has the time gone? I can remember the day he was born so clearly. I was so excited and so nervous. I remember sitting on the toilet, after my waters had broken, thinking "Oh my God, I am going to have a baby!!!!". I had a fairly easy labour. Spent most of the time in the bath, and he was born into the hands of his Grandma, with Dida, Nanny and Uncle Kyle all there to meet him. After an unnecessary stay in the NICU, we came home and started our life together.



We knew fairly early that he was special. He had an amazing vocabulary very early on, and at 20 months, his comprehension of things was beyond what I had seen with other children his age. He had some funny little quirks, like a fear of marks on the walls, and his cot, and he was incredibly independent.

When he started Pre-school, it wasn't long before our suspicions about his abilities was confirmed. We were advised to have him assessed. We eventually did, after it was suggested again by his Year 1 teacher. So he saw the school counsellor, who completed an assessment. It was a while before we heard anything, and I had kind of figured that it hadn't turned out as well as his teachers had expected. When we were finally asked to come and talk to the counsellor, I was blown away by his scores. Being only 6 years old, he couldn't be assessed correctly on some of the things, so tests used for Year 3 students were used, and he blew them away. He scored in the top 96-99% of all Mathematics, Reading, and Comprehension tests. His final score was 97%, indicating a Superior Intelligence...... I was blown away!!


Regardless of his intellectual abilities, which have only improved since then, Harry is a wonderfully playful child. He loves his brother and sister, although he enjoys teasing Matilda. He loves teaching them things about the world and science, and he is a lovable, caring little boy. I am so lucky to have him in my life, and I am forever grateful that he will have the chance to be whatever he wants to be.

Comments

Popular Posts