Harry and Charlie's party and final Athletics

So, because Charlie's birthday is in early January, and I was completely unorganised, he didn't get to have a party with all his friends. I decided that, this year, we would combine the boys parties into one, and I promise to get Charlie's invitations out at the end of the school year this year, for early next year.

So Harry invited Christian, Peter, Marcus and Aden (a new boy, and new friend). Charlie invited Lachlan and Aden (the twins), Jayden, and Jamie. Bailey, who is Jamie's brother ended up staying too. The party ended up being really great. Very exhausting, but they all had fun, and we didn't have a single melt-down. The boys all enjoyed the snakes, and that always takes up heaps of time, which is good for me, because I don't have to organise a whole heap of different party games. The volcano is a great hit too.


Harry's snake cake ended up looking OK, but I wasn't completely happy with it. It is funny, because I am generally not a perfectionist, but I really like to do a good job on their cakes.... maybe because I always remember that Nan did the cakes so well, and I want the kids to remember their wonderful birthday cakes forever.

Saturday was the last Athletics day for the year, and even though I hate getting up at 7am on Saturdays, I think I will miss it, and now I need to think of another activity we can do every weekend to make up for them not having a Winter sport. I was thinking about bush walking. I quite like it, even though I never let Mick know that. So I am going to find a whole heap of different bush walking tracks for us to try out.


So I took some photos of the boys on the last day of Athletics and they have really improved in Discus, Shotput and Long jump. Neither of them like running, but they try hard which is great. They complain a lot at first, but I think they have a pretty good time once they get there.

Comments

Popular Posts