December 2020

 It has been so long since I have posted on this blog, and to be honest I was intending to start a new one.  I think I will update this one again, because it has a loot of our family history in it and I still like to look back, even though things have changed.  I realised looking back I said the same thing in 2015 lol.

My children are growing, oh so much faster than I would like.  Harry has just finished his second year of University, and will be turning 20 in the New Year.  Charlie has just completed his HSC, in one of the most difficult and strange years ever.  He will be 18 in January, and likely my first to fly the nest.  Matilda has grown into a mature and much more confident young women, after embracing her sexuality and her talent for digital art and animation blows my mind.  And Amelia.  My little baby is 10 and will outgrow me in height in the coming year, I am sure.  Full of energy and adventure and enjoying her Primary school years with some wonderful, close friends.

My life has changed in so many ways, over the past 5 years.  I have been working part-time for the past 4 years, and my love for my job and my confidence in myself has helped me find some wonderful new friendships and relationships I wouldn't have thought possible.  2 years and 8 months ago I moved out of the family home, into my own little rental place, with little more than a dining room table and my clothes. Friends helped me set myself and the kids up, and we began a new way of living.  50/50 time spent with me and their Dad means that they are moving around a lot, but I know it won't be forever, as they get older and move out on their own.

This year has been difficult for so many people, and I am extremely grateful that we have not been personally effected by COVID.  Mum and Ray moved up the North Coast to Coolongolook and we look forward to visiting them in the New year, where we can spend some time at the beach.  My brother lives just 3 minutes from me, and our relationship has never been better.  We rely on each other in the hard times, and can celebrate together the good times.  In January of this year, just before everything came to a halt we went on the most life changing trip, for me anyway, to Korea and Bali.  I found my travel legs and can't wait to get out there and see what else the world has to offer.

Well, it is time for bed.  Xmas is fast approaching and I'm getting tired much faster these days.  Must be my old age hahaha.  Talk soon,

Michelle



Comments

Popular Posts