Holiday Wrap-up

Well, it is hard to believe that the holidays are almost over. The boys go back to school in two days, and things will settle back into a more familiar routine.

I used to not like the holidays so much, because I had to look after all three children all day by myself, and during the HOT summer months, it is difficult to keep kids entertained indoors for days at a time. These holidays, however, have been different.

Harry has been attending a Stepping Stones Course, run by the Gifted Children's Association, at Crows Nest, which is aimed at methods of dealing with peer conflict and confidence. It cost a packet, and I am not sure exactly how beneficial it has been for him, but I guess we will find out when school goes back. He also did the Space Chemistry Course, which he absolutely loved, because it combined his two favourite subjects Space, and now Chemistry.....he can name 102 elements of the periodic table by heart....and is driving us all mad with endless comments about the decay of Uranium....

Charlie has been playing really great with Matilda, and I find if Harry doesn't butt in they can play together for hours. Matilda and I had a lovely case of the NITS, and she is still scratching her head, but I cannot find any lice or eggs in her hair. I think she might be scratching because of the heat.

Mick and I have been trying to eat more healthy and lose some of the weight we found again in the last 6 months of last year. He has also started an intensive exercise program, but has hurt the arches in his feet, and so has to take the walking easier, which is frustrating him to no end. I have been been taking Reductil, in an attempt to stop the violent hunger pangs that attack me every day. It has been working well, and it should for $88 a month. I have lost 4.8kgs, and now only have only 21.1kgs to lose to my goal weight.

The Builders came and fixed the roof, but we haven't had any rain to test if it is fixed. Then Thursday and Friday this week, the plasterer came and fixed the inside ceilings. Now we are just waiting for the painter, and then we can start painting the lounge room, and Matilda's room. Poppy has been putting up a door between Grandma and us, to stop the kids from going upstairs whenever they feel like it. It is good because it will gives us more privacy, and her too. Nanny fixed up our front gardens and planted some ground cover plants. I still haven't got around to the vegetable garden, as it has been way too hot. I will thought, I promise....

We are going camping next weekend, for two nights, in our new tent. I hope it isn't as hot as it has been the last week, or I will have trouble sleeping. I am terribly cranky if I haven't had enough sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts