A new way of life

 Here we are in July 2021, in a year that was suppose to be better, more open and less restrictive.  Instead we are back in lockdown.  Going on 2 weeks with a further 2 weeks announced.  COVID-19 is running rampant through our state again, now with the new, more infectious, Delta strain attacking our people.  Over 70 people in hospital and 2 deaths in the community, there looks a long fight to get back to anything slightly normal.  

The kids are back to online learning, which is going OK so far.  Harry will be at home for the majority of his University degree at this stage, with only 3 semesters left, he has only had two full semesters at the physical University.  Charlie was extremely lucky to have picked up a job at our local IGA, just before lockdown was announced and has been able to continue to work throughout the lockdown.  He is tired, as he works nights, but he is glad that he is still earning an income when many others are not.

Apple has continued to help us do work from home, and are still scheduling us and paying our income as we do so.  I am so grateful to be working for such a good company at this time.

Jasper is enjoying having me at home all the time, and I am coping much better this year than I was last year when we went into lockdown.  


I have picked up many more hobbies to fill in my time when the kids aren't here, so I never feel "bored".  I also have Kyle to go and visit if I am feeling lonely or anxious.  He is doing OK.  He has had a few tough knocks this year and has been extremely resilient, where I probably would have fallen apart.

Comments

Popular Posts