May 2015

It has been a while since I have posted here.  Well over a year.  I was going to start a new blog, but I have decided to come back to this one and start anew.

The past few years have been incredibly difficult for our family.  I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty details, but mistakes have been made by both Mick and myself which we are learning to cope with.  I want to believe that we are now closer than ever.  We are certainly doing more things together and enjoying spending time together with the kids.  I am hoping that we are starting to build on our relationship so that it will continue to grow and flourish over the years to come.

The kids are doing well.  Harry is now in Year 9 and is learning that school is important, but that life is too.  Charlie has gone into Year 7 and is just enjoying the transition into adolescence.  I'm not sure I am though!!  Matilda is in Year 4 and is doing so well. She continues to have lots of friends, is enjoying her second year playing the trumpet in the school band, and is about to grade for her black belt in Taekwondo.  Amelia, my little bub, is turning 5 in less than a month.  I cannot believe how quickly it is going.  Next year she will start Kindergarten, and I am blown away by that.

I am still playing derby and I absolutely love it.  I should say I love playing and training, but I am still struggling to fit into a team dynamic, mainly because I am very different to the other women playing.  Too shy and too much of a homebody.  It is too late for me to change that now.  I turned 40 this month, although I don't feel it at all.  I am healthier than I have been for a long time and I feel good about myself.  I just need to learn to cope with my anxiety and paranoia.

I am now eating a whole food, plant based diet, which I will discuss more of later.  I have officially been vegan for over 16 months, and although I am still carrying some extra weight, I am not obsessing about losing it, just hoping it will eventually fall off when I get my diet a little cleaner. Anyway, enough for now!!  Will talk again soon.

Comments

Popular Posts