Academic Excellence

On Tuesday night, our kids school held their Presentation Night, and during the previous week I was given a letter that simply stated that Harry was going to receive an award on the night. Mick has been away on a Lace Monitor trip, so Harry and I rocked up to school armed with the video camera to film Harry's award so Mick, Grandma and Nanny, could see.

So each class had a series of awards to give out. There was the award given to the student or students who had most improved during the year, then a handful of students received awards for Academic Achievements, which included specific subjects, School service, etc. Then the student who preformed the best Academically in the class was given the Academic Excellence award, a certificate, and a medal. Harry received the award for Academic Excellence in his class, and I was so proud of him. He was so excited to receive the medal and stand up in front of all the people and show it off.

For a long time I had thought that his teacher had never appreciated his intelligence. I mean we all know how smart he is, but I didn't think the teachers had figured it out. Obviously I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of him, no matter what he does, and we will always know how smart he is, but to have it acknowledged by the school, is really a great moment for him and for us. Mick is still not home, but I can't wait to show him. I was almost in tears, and couldn't have been more puffed up if I had tried.

Will post the video, as soon as I figure out how.

Comments

Popular Posts